Recruitment and Retention
EMS providers and leaders across all levels of care have identified recruitment and retention as the top challenges facing the industry consistently in the EMS Trend Report survey. The COVID-19 pandemic has brought EMS to a crossroads â€“ will the increased demands on providers exacerbate recruitment and retention woes, or will the increased role in public health inspire a new generation to join the ranks?
The 91ÊÓÆµ recruitment and retention topic includes:
- Research into what drives EMTs, AEMTs and paramedics from the profession
- Q&As with leaders from EMS workplaces of choice
- Tips for finding, recruiting, hiring and onboarding EMS personnel
- Strategies for protecting provider emotional and physical health and increasing job satisfaction for the long haul
- How often have you picked up an overtime shift in the last 3 months?
- Has your agency considered combining firefighters and EMS providers into dual roles?
- Creating and supporting resilient responders
- 4 actions to improve EMS employee engagement and satisfaction
- How often does your service have no available units to respond?